Saturday, April 14, 2018

Simple Top from Ruffle for Curvy Barbie or Any Barbie

I found a Curvy Barbie on clearance at Walmart, which was nice because I wasn't having any luck finding one at the thrift stores. The first thing I can confirm is, no, regular Barbie clothes will not fit this doll. I-did-try:@) The next thing is, no, Ken clothes will not fit this doll-no matter how cute the shorts are... So we needed to be a little creative and we love easy here at Pig In Mud. I whipped up this super simple Barbie Top From Ruffle and it can be made to fit any Barbie doll. As long as your ruffle is solid enough to provide some discrete coverage, you're golden! Mine was 2" from top to bottom.
 I like it, it has a summery, breezy, peasant top kinda look:@)
  1. Wrap ruffle around the doll under her arms, you can make it long enough to fold each raw edge over and sew a hem it you'd like. Ruffles don't unravel much, I didn't bother with hems.
  2. Either sew on a snap or little piece of velcro closure to the back-that's it!
  3. Unless you'd like to add some fun embellishments or decorations. I had some really small pom-pom trim and thought that was cute. Liquid Stitch works well for gluing trim to the top.
  4. All of my Barbie posts can be found grouped on Pinterest HERE.
On a side note: The three year old in me just had to give this doll a little make-over...
I'm lovin' the super cute red headed doll and shorter hair:@)

Make something just for fun and have a happy day:@)

I'm Joining:

4 comments:

  1. Oh that's adorable! I didn't know there was such a thing as curvy Barbie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your stylish Barbie, Lynn, with the cute hair and her new top. It's fun to play, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Lynn...your inner stylist is showing :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by-enjoy your day!