The key is to cut the chips as thinly and consistently as possible. The right tool for the job is a mandolin...
My mandolin -and thumb tip- were thrown out a couple years ago, so I used a knife.
Public Service Announcement: Please use the safety guard if you use a mandolin.
One of the best things about this is, you know exactly how much potato you are eating.
Who knows how many we mindlessly pull out of that bag...
Olive Oil spray-I only had Canola Oil
Kosher Salt and any other flavoring desired
- Wash potato, peel if desired.
- Slice as thin as possible. Lay slices on paper towel and pat tops dry.
- Spray microwave safe plate with oil, place potatoes on plate in single layer without overlapping.
- Lightly spray top of potatoes with oil, sprinkle with salt and flavorings if desired.
- Microwave on high for 2 minutes, flip potatoes for 2 more minutes. Check for crispness, microwave at 1 minute increments (watching closely) until crisp. My microwave is pretty strong, I just set it for 3 minutes, did not flip the potatoes, and you see how they look.
Enjoy a munchie and have a happy day:@)